Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Unreliable algorithm

I get a fair amount of my headline news from this Yahoo! News site, which advertises itself as presenting "the most popular news stories." It makes it sound as if the search engine trolls the entire internet for news. I have grave doubts, though. Aside from picking reported news only from Reuters, AP and AFP, when it has "opinion," it only has stuff from the Left [corrected from "right"]. Ted Rall shows up a lot. Also, from the day of its rather pathetic launching, the Huffington site has shown up. There are never stories, though, from any conservative news sites, and I just don't think that's because of low readership, low emailing level, or something else low. I think Yahoo has excluded those sites from its radar. Tsk, tsk, tsk. UPDATE: I made a correction, above, thanks to Patrick's comment. You know, you'd think I would have learned by now that I simply cannot post intelligently when my family is around. The repeated cries of "Mommy, Mommy, Bookworm, Mommy" just seem to addle my brain completely. As I've mentioned before, this is the downside of being the most important person in the world.