Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, November 11, 2005

The most important person in the world

Have you ever amused yourself with thinking how nice it would be if you were the most important person in the world? I know I used to -- and then I became the most important person in the house. Between Mr. Bookworm and the little Bookworms, my name is the first word in 90% of all sentences spoke in this house. The new dog, too, has decided in her utterly charming way that, if she is not glued to my side every minute, her world will end. On the one hand, this is all very flattering, and fools me into believing myself competent and important. On the other hand, it's exhausting, frustrating and worrying -- and it's at moments like this that I'm grateful that I'm not the most important person in the world.