Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Monday, October 03, 2005

This is why we don't take political advice from movie stars

I like Nicholas Cage -- as an actor. I have no idea what his political views are, so really shouldn't be picking on him for this post, but I couldn't resist. You see, he named his newborn son after the "birth name" of the Superman cartoon character. Yup, his son is named Kal-el. Now, considering that Superman's creators were Jewish, and that El is the Hebrew word for God's spoken name, the name may have a bit more behind it than a cartoon character (and I do like Superman), but on its face it seems like just a horrible name to visit on a helpless infant. And if the people in Hollywood live in the type of peculiar community where this mild form of child abuse is considered normal, I really don't think that we should believe them sufficiently in touch with reality to opine about political matters.