Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'm still here -- and my house is pretty clean

What an unusual thing for me to get through a weekend with virtually no blogging but, as I mentioned this morning, it's been the epitome of a suburban weekend, with "all kids, all the time." It seems as if, in the last two days, I've attended a hundred soccer games, done a thousand loads of laundry, tidied each room in the house at least seven times, cleaned the kitchen 15 times, scrubbed the pool every hour on the hour -- and things still aren't done. Every time I have one of these hyper-domestic weekends, and then blog about it, I'm reminded irresistably of the old saying that "A man works from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done." True I think, and fatiguing for the person who is both a working Mom and a full-time Mom, all in the same package. By the way, I can't figure out if this is a whining post or a boasting post, and if I'm being wryly ironic or deadly serious. I guess it's for you all to figure out what the heck I'm thinking.