Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Martha Stewart Lives!

Martha Stewart to Host Homemaking Show After Prison Release: "Martha Stewart will host an hour-long, daily syndicated show with a live audience when she gets out of prison, her multimedia and home fashions company said Wednesday." I don't care that Martha Stewart committed some low level badness regarding stocks. I continue to believe that she was pilloried because she's not very nice, and that's not a good reason to try to send someone to jail. I'm delighted to hear that her career will resume -- I've always enjoyed her almost comforting arrogance regarding the "Good Things" in life. I also have to say that I agree with a friend of mine that it's ridiculous to prosecute people who are unwitting recipients of information (and who, like Martha, panic after the fact). The more intelligent thing is to focus on people who wrongful purvey information. It's a small difference, but the more you think about it, the more you see that it keeps responsibility where it belongs.