Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Five is as good a number as seven

The end of the year memes are striking. I did my sevens, and now I'm doing my fives, thanks to Anna. Here goes: What were you doing 10 years ago? Working like a demon and loving every minute of it. Because I was self-employed, I set my own hours, which meant working from about 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. My work interested me, and I liked the money-work connection (not something you really feel when you're an employee). What were you doing 1 year ago? Same as I am now: being pulled into way too many pieces as a Mom, lawyer, homemaker, school volunteer, and daughter of an aging parent. Of course, all of that also made me feel very useful and needed, which are two things that give everyone a reason to get up in the morning. Five snacks you enjoy: 1) Chocolate ice cream 2) Yogurt with chocolate chips 3) Chocolate ice cream 4) Yogurt with chocolate chips 5) Chocolate ice cream Five songs to which you know all the lyrics: 1) White Christmas (White Christmas) 2) Where Did You Get That Girl (Kalmar & Ruby) 3) Dancing Cheek to Cheek (Irving Berlin) 4) Remember (Irving Berlin) 5) Crazy (the Patsy Cline song) Five things you would do if you were a millionaire: 1) Buy many, many, many books 2) Put my Mom in the retirement home of her dreams 3) Re-remodel the house, 'cause I don't like what we did the first time 4) Keep my kids in their pricey private school 5) Hire a private trainer for exercise Five bad habits: 1) Procrastinating 2) Reading in lieu of other, more worthwhile activities 3) Refusing to exercise 4) Hating to cook 5) Losing my temper with my children [Interestingly, my bad habits track Anna's very closely.] Five things you will never wear again: 1) Bikini 2) High heels 3) Capri pants 4) Mini skirt 5) Form fitting clothes Five favorite toys: 1) Roomba 2) TiVo 3) My computer 4) KitchenAid mixer 5) My new-ish toaster oven (where I can heat all those pre-made foods) As for tagging people, I overwhelmed a lot of people with my tags from the seven meme. I'm going to open this one up therefore. Be sure, though, that if you catch this meme, you let me know so I can check out what you have to say.