Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Have you voted yet?

Have you voted yet? If you haven't, you must. Remember, during elections with low turnout, every vote has extraordinary weight. Even a math dummy such as I knows that, when I'm only one of 1,000 votes in my community, I carry a lot more weight than if I'm one of 8,000 votes in my same small community -- especially if the few who bother to show up share my political convictions. So, please vote and, of course, be grateful that you don't have to stand in long lines today. By the way, if you're in California, it's especially important that you vote. There are so many significant propositions are on the ballot that have the potential, if passed, to change things for the better here. And if you need some last minute information about the California initiatives, Patrick has a quick run down of some of them.