Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My own movie boycott

I've decided to start a movie boycott: I refuse to watch any more movies in which someone vomits. I've had it up to here, and more, with movie, after movie, after movie, in which the camera lingers lovingly on someone vomiting, with special attention devoted to the technicolor spew, and a heightened soundtrack for retching. Call me naive, but I think a good writer, good director and good actor can manage to convey distress, anguish, fear, pain, whatever, without actually focusing on the emetic act itself. Bottom line: I've seen a lot of real vomit in my life (two pregnancies and two children will do that do you) and there is absolutely no reason that it should be forced on me in the guise of "entertainment." And if you're as sick as I am of these vomit movies, I urge you to join with me in the anti-vomit movie boycott!