Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My, oh my, how England's changed

I did an exchange program in England many moons ago, and ended up spending a year in Yorkshire. I was delighted at the time, because I considered Yorkshire so much more quintessentially English than the more cosmopolitan south of England. Times have changed. I read today that the suicide bombers were middle class/working class Muslims from Yorkshire -- Leeds to be precise. I'm having problems finding links right now, but I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that certain towns in North England now have majority Muslim populations. I guess the north of England is no longer "quintessentially English." I'm guessing, indeed, that there's very little in England that is English anymore, the English having become the first people to have placed themselves directly in the path of a hostile culture, and requested that it walk over them on the way to conquering their country.