Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Death Cult

It occurred to me that there's a common thread underlying much that animates the Left these days. Just think about what these things have in common: the obsession with the war dead, the drive to see Terri Schiavo laid in her grave, the push for assisted suicide, the hysteria over the death penalty (although no corresponding hysteria over the victims of those on death row), and the desire for abortion without limits. Yup, they're all about death and dying, whether it's hastening the deaths of some, or protesting the deaths of others. Frankly, I don't see an obsession with death as a healthy political position for any party that hopes to exist into the future. I also find it morbid and creepy. I prefer the Biblical instruction: "I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that I have set before thee life and death, the blessing and the curse; therefore choose life, that thou mayest live, thou and thy seed." (Deuteronomy 30:19.) Talking to Technorati: , , , , ,