Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Cell phones and patriotism

I'm sure you've heard that there's been a huge spike in sales of disposable cell phones, some of which have definitely been bought by people with terrorist affiliations. The Anchoress read this story and says that, if these porta phones are used to plan future terrorist attacks, The New York Times must bear the moral burden and the blame for having allowed those attacks to happen:

I’m a New Yorker, and if it happens again in New York, I will hold these “pure, patriotically motivated” leakers (yes, they’re leakers) responsible, because they allowed their hate to take them too far. I will wonder how Harry Reid and the NY Times and the leakers and “anonymous sources” they have lionized can live with all the blood on their hands, even as they (predictably) immediately blame the White House for not “connecting the dots.”
To get to this conclusion (and I think it is the right one), the Anchoress walks us carefully through her memories (and ours) of the aftermath of 9/11. I lost a friend on that day, and I saw the security of my world crumble. I'll never forget. What I'll also never figure out is why justice isn't prosecuting the times for giving aid and comfort to the enemy (used to be called treason, I think). It was only 60 years ago that our towns were filled with posters warning that "Loose lips sink ships." I guess the update would be "A blabbing Times makes for crimes." Hat tip: Paragraph Farmer Talking to Technorati: , , , , ,