Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Oh, the irony.

Daniel Pipes, after detailing attacks against Christians in Palestinian territories, points out that mainline Protestant churches have been silent, although they have been vociferous in their attacks against Israel. Does anyone find it peculiar that these Christian institutitions attack Jews for destroying Muslim homes (the whole Caterpillar thing), but refuse to challenge Muslims for destroying Christian lives? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since these mainline Churches were remarkably silent when Muslims in the Sudan started attacking their Christian citizens. This leaves me with a series of questions: Who the heck is in these mainline Protestant Churches? Certainly not the people I know through my blogging, people with consciences, compassion, reason and honor. What kind of faith sits back quietly and watches while other people professing that faith are slaughtered? Do the congregations support the management decisions in this regard? Can anyone enlighten me about this?