Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Don't you love it when the Times besmirches itself?

Drudge reports that the NY Times is investigating the backgrounds of Roberts' adopted children. According to Drudge, "A TIMES insider claims the look into the adoption papers are part of the paper's 'standard background check.'" Y'know, I somehow doubt that. I suspect they're trying to discover that Roberts and his wife bribed people to get those children, or that they went into the Amazon and brutally kidnapped them from some living mother's arms while her shrieks echoed dramatically through the jungle. (See, I'm getting into the spirit of the thing.) As Sylvester the Cat would say, "Your dethpicable." Still, I'm not too sad about this turn of events. I'd be surprised if anything dirty turns up, but the Times will further have exposed itself for what it is: a partisan rag, concerned less with the news, and more with carrying out its political objectives. UPDATE: I'm in good company, because the Anchoress has the pretty much the same take on this sleazy story that I do.