Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The New Blood Libel

I’ve been surprised by the savagely anti-Christian rhetoric pouring from the Left in the wake of Bush’s reelection. Christians, apparently, are evil (which is news to me, since modern American Christians strike me as an exceptionally humane bunch of people). I’m Jewish, and grew up hearing stories about the horrors of the blood libels against Jews: that they killed Christian babies to make their Passover Matzoh. It seems to me the Left has come up with a new blood libel surrounding the abortion issue: the Christians are evil because they refuse to kill babies. (BTW, I’m squeamishly pro-choice in the 1st trimester, but I recognize the moral superiority of the viewpoint espoused by anti-Abortion advocates.) Strange world we live in.