Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Two random thoughts

1. I got an Amazon quarterly statement and, to my surprise, discovered that people had actually linked to and ordered books through my blog. Whoever you are: Thank you! 2. I have an email etiquette problem. I love receiving emails from people, and I love writing them. My question is, when does one break off the correspondence? I probably have a phobia about this because my grandmother used to be the kind who wrote thank you notes when you sent her a thank you note, much to the family's amusement. The fact was, she just liked to keep the written dialogue going. I do too, but I'm worried about imposing on other people's good will. So, even though I have an impulse to respond to responses to my emails, I always worry that the other person will open his/her email and think, "Oh my God, not her again." In a face to face conversation, it's much easier, because you actually leave the conversation ("Oh, my. Look at the time. I've got to run"). There aren't those markers in an email dialogue and I never know when it's polite or appropriate to stop. Ideas? Input? Thoughts? Suggestions?