Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Sometimes, I worry that my chocolate addiction is akin to a cocaine addition. At other times, I know I'm on the right track:

A few squares of dark chocolate every day might cut the risk of serious heart disease by helping to stave off the hardening of arteries, according to a study published on Tuesday. Researchers from University Hospital in Zurich studied 20 male smokers, who are at greater risk of hardening arteries characteristic of coronary heart disease, to see the effects of dark and white chocolate on arterial blood flow. *** After two hours, ultrasound scans revealed that dark chocolate -- made up of 74 percent cocoa solids -- significantly improved the smoothness of arterial flow, whilst white chocolate, with four percent cocoa, had no effect, the study published in Heart magazine said.
If you ever see me on the street, you'll recognize me by the chocolate stains around my mouth!