Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Relief for the visually challenged

I can multitask, but I cannot track too much visual input. I was therefore delighted to read this:

And now, ladies and gentlemen, children of all ages, step right up and meet the no-ring circus. For the first time in its history, the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus will present a new show to its audiences without three rings, or two - or even one. When the 136th edition of the circus opens on Wednesday at the St. Pete Times Forum here in Tampa, where Ringling maintains its winter quarters, the elephants, clowns, aerialists and acrobats will roam an arena floor. In as big a departure, the show will have a story line instead of being simply a cavalcade of acts.
High time. It always made me horribly neurotic to be watching one thing and be absolutely sure I was missing something more interesting on the other side of the circus.