Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Friday, July 08, 2005

Unions and union members

Buzzing around the Captain's Quarters, I discovered that the Service Employees International Union, which represents government employees, is putting out the word that the Demos should no longer rely upon as a certainty. I found this interesting, because I've been wondering for some times about what I've imagined must be a growing divide between unions and their members. After all, the Democrats are increasingly becoming the party of the rich and the poor, with the middle going Republican -- and I think a lot of union membership is drawn from that middle. In this regard, I'm reminded of the divide in Europe (say Holland and France) between the leadership, that leans to the EU, and the masses, which don't agree. I'll of course be interested in seeing how this plays out.