Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Draw your own conclusions

Here's the first verse and chorus from Cole Porter's song Just one of those things

It was just one of those things, just one of those crazy flings. One of those bells that now and then rings, just one of those things. It was just one of those nights, just one of those fabulous flights. A trip to the moon on gossamer wings, just one of those things. If we´d thought of it, ´bout the end of it, when we started painting the town, We´d have been aware that our love affair was too hot not to cool down. So goodbye, dear, and Amen, here´s hoping we´ll meet now and then. It was great fun but it was just one of those things.
These are the lyrics from the first verse and chorus of one of Christine Aguilera's songs (Love for All Seasons):
Hey there boy did ya happen to know Wherever you go I'll follow Ooh babe you're like a cool breeze On a summer day When you're near me I don't know what to do I feel like a fool Like a school girl True blue girl Who wants to know Can you come out and play You make me feel the way A woman is supposed to feel Let me show you Show you that my love's for real Chorus: I'll be the rain in your summer The chill in your fall I'll be watcha want Anything at all I've got a love for all seasons A love for all time I'll be the fire in your winter The sun in your spring I'll do what you want Give ya everything I've got a love for all seasons A love for all time
Maybe we really were subjecting the Gitmo detainees to cruel and unusual punishment when making them listen to that pap.