Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Potty mouth on the Left

One of my most read posts was this one, in which I ruminated on my impression that the Left relies heavily on obscenities to make its points. Here, just in case that theory needs corroboration, Michelle Malkin explains why she limits comments on her blog and points to the unrelenting filth that comes her way from the other side of the spectrum. I include only her first paragraph. Be warned that, if you go to the link, you'll be exposed to some pretty horrific language and concepts:

Kevin Drum recently chided top conservative blogs, including this one, for not allowing comments. I initially enabled comments on a regular basis, but have severely limited them for reasons explained here. Lest you think I'm exaggerating the problem of out-of-control trolls/haters (which I touched on in a related post here), check out the gutter-level quality of comments about my recent Emory debate (now available on video ">here thanks to the Emory College Republicans) at Atrios, one of the blogosphere's top liberal sites last week.
As I repeatedly tell my children, I'm hostile to dirty language because, to my mind, it shows a lack of intelligence and an inability to defend ones position. Certainly, the examples Ms. Malkin includes in her post lend credibility to my belief in this regard.