Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Here's a thought-provoking idea

Ever since the CIA's repeatedly bungled attempts at targeted assassination from the 1950s on, America has viewed the whole idea with distaste -- and, as a general principle, that distaste is merited. There's something fundamentally undemocratic about taking down another country's leader. But of course, if you had the opportunity in 1938 to assassinate Hitler, would you have done so? Or if you learned that Churchill had the opportunity and didn't take it, would you criticize him? With those thoughts in mind, please read this interesting article suggesting that, with regard to Iran, the only option left is a smart-bomb targeted assassination. Then, leave me all your usual and interesting comments telling me what you think. (And I'll give you a hint as to my view, which is that I think the Iranian mullahs are a collection of Hitlers.) Talking to Technorati: , ,