Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

This is the way to get traffic to your blog

I love this saga. Bill at Bloviating Inanities makes a straightout plea for links:

Please, everybody has to link me. Everybody!!! I'm getting like 5 hits a day which is down from like 100,000 a day I was getting before I temporarily quit blogging. It's very disheartening when no one is reading my brilliance. Don't make me do anything rash. I swear to God I'll do something rash even if that means getting a rash. I have poison ivy in my backyard and I swear I'll roll in it. Don't push me people!
I never thought of doing anything quite so direct. It's very refreshing. But will it work? Well, it works if you've got someone at Blackfive who posts this:
Whatever you do, never, ever, never visit this guy... His name is Bill Chip and he is mostly unstable, often makes ridiculous threats (can't believe he threatened her...of all the sweetest, most beautiful girls to be mean to?), and definitely is not funny. So whatever you do, don't visit his site (although, apparently, his brother is very cool). And don't link to him either. I heard he likes links.
With a negative sell like this, who can resist? I couldn't, and here I am -- linking, even though it's not the type of blog I'd usually visit. I go for politics. Bill, in his slightly wacky mission statement, explains himself as follows:
The goal of this blog is to bring nonsense, poor logic, potty humor, lackluster and poorly thought-out political commentary and whiny psuedo-intellectual musings to as many people as possible. I'm not sure why I want to do this since for the most part I hate people. Taking that last statement to it's logical conclusion - I hate you. But thanks for stopping by.
Primarily because of the potty humor, it's not quite my style, but I still like the post I liked to. All things considered, it's a good thing I don't watch TV commercials. Who knows what I'd buy?