Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Are you now or have you ever been a member of....

Yup -- that's the question emanating from the Left: "Justice Roberts, are you now or have you ever been a member of the Federalist Society?" How else to explain this NY Times Op Ed? Although to give the NY Timers credit for their views, the Federalist Society is a scary organization, standing as it does in opposition to the ultra-liberal (and slowly dying) American Bar Association (which I pulled out from over a decade ago). Certainly, the liberals would want to crawl all over Roberts, not just for having views consistent with the Federalist Society's views, but for actually having dared to be affiliated with that organization. UPDATE: Inspired by my own post, I just joined the Federalist Society, although I must admit that I was also motiviated by the low fee and the fact that they offer discount programs that satisfy my Minimum Continuing Legal Education requirements.