Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Any Chicago area lawyers still need a good summer intern?

The war has interrupted so many lives. At Blackfive, you can read about a former staff sargeant who missed his chance to get in line for summer law clerkships in Chicago. If you're a lawyer in Chicago looking for someone who seems to be a reliable, mature, well-educated law student, check out this Blackfive link. Certainly, if I were in Chicago and looking for help over the summer, I'd at least want to interview this guy out. Also, a note to Staff Sergeant Steve: I know from experience that the big firm clerkships are exciting and well-paid, but it's the smaller firm clerkships where you really end up learning things. If I had it to do all over again, I'd ignore the golden handcuffs and go right for the small, quality law firm. I would have gotten so much more out of the experience, rather than just floating through rather uselessly.