Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Why do we even bother with polls anymore?

Why, I wonder, do we even bother with polls anymore? A week ago, I read at Michelle Malkin's blog that the poll purporting to show that American's are opposed to keeping Terri Schiavo alive was completely bogus, because the hypothetical preceding the poll question was false. Today, I read in at Right Wing News that the results in the recent poll showing that Pres. Bush's approval right has dropped came about because there were more Demo's polled than Republicans. I'd just be flogging a dead horse were I to link to articles about the exit polls following the 2004 election. (I do have to ask, though, whether the MSM was attempting to create a 1980-scenario? If I remember my history correctly, Carter -- thank Goodness -- conceded the 1980 election to Reagan before West Coast polls had even closed, based upon the results coming out of the East.) I keep hearing a voice (is it Twains? Disraelis?) saying "There are three kinds of lies. Lies, damn lies, and statistics."