Day By Day© by Chris Muir.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Someone else is telling my life story

Here is a great op-ed article about a liberal Jewish woman's journey to the Right following 9/11. Except that I keep my politics quiet in my liberal enclave, the story could be mine. Stillwell identifies the self-hatred that was part of her upbringing as a member of the middle-class American left, and how that self-loathing shattered when 9/11 struck. She points out that hardcore Demos, rather than perceiving America as being under attack, felt that America had gotten what was coming to it. Stillwell then explains how, once she began examining conservatism, she discovered that it meshed with her other belief systems, especially her unwavering support for Israel. It's a stellar article, and I strongly recommend that you read it. Hat tip: Gee Dubya